The McLaughlin Group Team

The McLaughlin Group Team
www.TheMcLaughlinGroup.com

Monday, September 19, 2011

BLINDS WIDE OPEN -day 185 Say what you need to say

I believe John Mayer says it best in his song but how do we communicate what we need to say in real estate. I started to think about the way I disperse my message to clients and am hesitant to share. Hesitant to share, because is the way I communicate a weakness or strength? A serious message is sometimes communicated with humor, (am I fearful of the content). Trying to drive home a point about pricing, (I use analogies or word pictures). When asked for advice, (I may answer with a question back, am I afraid to commit?). In this business, especially with the current market conditions, there is often bad news or tough messages to be delivered and that can lead to vast emotional swings and unknown and ugly responses may be lurking behind the next message. (analogy coming) Delivering bad news is like going into the brush after a wounded animal, be careful. Sometimes when thinking about a cancellation, a lost offer, a rejected counter or a bad inspection, the above mentioned song comes to mind, so I sing to myself, “say what you need to say, say what you need to say.” So if you are not hearing my message just stop and say or sing, “Dave, say what you need to say, say what you need to say.”

This is Dave, from The McLaughlin Group, keeping it real in real estate!

No comments:

Post a Comment