The McLaughlin Group Team

The McLaughlin Group Team
www.TheMcLaughlinGroup.com

Saturday, March 17, 2012

BLINDS WIDE OPEN -day 300 Dreams of Glass


Here is a picture of the original McLaughlin Group..actually it is a shot of my grandfather's employees at his glass factory in Los Angeles which he operated form 1920-1935 and it is also the front cover of the book about his glass factory. So when my Dad wants to tell stories about working in the glass factory, hot glass splinters and how easy we had it growing up compared to him, I might have to agree after looking at the photos. The book is entitled "Dreams of Glass" The story of William McLaughlin and his Glass Company. It is a fun read and pictorial memory of my grandfather's glass factory. I do swell with some pride as I glance through the book and think about his accomplishments and struggles as he worked for his American Dream. "Pop" as we called him lived to be 90 years old. Hopefully, I grabbed a bag of those genes from his pool.

This is Dave, from The McLaughlin Group, keeping it real in real estate!

No comments:

Post a Comment