The McLaughlin Group Team

The McLaughlin Group Team
www.TheMcLaughlinGroup.com

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

BLINDS WIDE OPEN -day 219 Wednesday Hump Day

I have written about Fridays and of attack Mondays but never addressed hump day. So I will attempt to explain why Realtors do not have a normal Wednesday hump day. What we have is a contingency removal day and what that means is we strive to sell homes, put them in escrow and then work to have all contingencies removed. This form can be received on any day, so Wednesday is not critical but the actual day this form is received is. Once the contingency removal form is sent out or received, we can feel comfortable that we have done all we can do. Then we sit back, shift into cruise control and wait for the closing...Right! Like that ever happens especially with the current lending concerns and overall market conditions. Oops, I am changing my tune, Hump day is when the property closes..yea, okay, nope..Then we hold our breath and hope the buyer doesn't call to complain about their new house. Here I go changing again..I can emphatically state, Realtors don't have a hump day. Yep, that is correct, no hump day..I can't wait until Thursday, on the back side of the hump, heading into a slow, laid back, Martini weekend....Liar

This is Dave, from The McLaughlin Group, keeping it real in real estate!

No comments:

Post a Comment