The McLaughlin Group Team

The McLaughlin Group Team
www.TheMcLaughlinGroup.com

Thursday, February 2, 2012

BLINDS WIDE OPEN -day 274 18 hours that led to 18 Years


I can't believe 18 years has gone by so fast. It was a windy night at Westlake Hospital when Kelsey popped out after an easy 18 hour labor. :) Easy for me that is. Today I reflect on what an amazing daughter I have. First memory was waking up at 2 in the morning on 1/17/94 thinking this is it and being a first time Dad, I did not think the earth would shake but it was shaking big time. Of course it turned out to be the Northridge quake but just a couple weeks later Kelsey shook our world with her appearance. I remember holding her and crying and was so taken with the little bundle. Kelsey has been a dream daughter. Smart, beautiful, athletic and kind and if you asked any of her friends or family, they would all echo the same thoughts. The Senior Class President at Agoura High, Co-captain of the varsity soccer team, and headed off to SMU in the fall. I am super proud of the young lady and my greatest honor in this life is to be called her dad. 18 hours that led to a truly amazing 18 years. Happy Birthday Kelsey, you are one very special young lady.

This is Dave, proud dad of Kelsey, from The McLaughlin Group, keeping it real in real estate!

1 comment:

  1. A great Dad sets the stage for a child to develop into a great person for which there can be uplifting mutual pride. He has a great daughter, she has a great father.

    ReplyDelete