The McLaughlin Group Team

The McLaughlin Group Team
www.TheMcLaughlinGroup.com

Sunday, October 2, 2011

BLINDS WIDE OPEN -day 194 Self Talk

So the company offered a brief seminar on positive thinking. Under this broad subject was a dialogue on "How is your self talk?" The question: Is your brain getting in your way? Change what you say to yourself
From "I'm feeling... - To "I'm feeling...
Angry - Disenchanted
So instead of I'm feeling Angry it would be I'm feeling disenchanted
Fear - Wonderment
Hurt - Dinged
Jealous - Overloving
Frustrated - Fascinated
Lazy - Storing Energy
Overwhelmed - In Demand
Embarrassed - Aware
AND FINALLY
Pissed off - Tinkled

I will use a few of these new words in a sentence now to see if I feel more positive and to see if this "self talk" stuff really works.

I was in demand (overwhelmed) today with the 6 appointments and 2 soccer games and 4 counters but was storing energy (lazy) getting a late start watching TV. I was aware (embarrassed) that my zipper was down and fascinated (frustrated) by the lack of team effort on the soccer field. After getting home, I was so disenchanted (angry) by the Nordstrom's bill and then to top it off, the lady was tinkled (pissed off) because I forgot to scoop the litter box.

I'm telling you all, this self talk stuff is GREAT!

This is Dave, from The McLaughlin Group, keeping it real (alive) in real estate!

No comments:

Post a Comment