The McLaughlin Group Team

The McLaughlin Group Team
www.TheMcLaughlinGroup.com

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

BLINDS WIDE OPEN -day 205 Odyssey Over



The odyssey ended today with my 3 brothers and 2 nephews. I can only say it was an incredible experience, one that I will not forget. Fishing, discussions, and storytelling that will certainly go unmatched for years. Last night, we ended our journey at the Shady Rest Restaurant on Qualcom Beach recapping the day's events and the issues and concerns consuming all of our lives that await our return. It was 3 days of unbridled fun that so reminded me of the times we had growing up at the lake. If money and time allow, this journey would occur on an annual basis. My fear is that the issues and concerns of our lives will prevent us from experiencing this on a regular basis. I guess only time will tell. Here is a shot of me and Dylan, with 4 of the fish that will travel home with us for one exceptional feast for family and friends. I only hope that while sharing with them, they will laugh at our stories, taste the waters of Vancouver Island and celebrate with us some time away from the normalcy of our routines.

This is Dave, from The McLaughlin Group, heading home!

No comments:

Post a Comment