The McLaughlin Group Team

The McLaughlin Group Team
www.TheMcLaughlinGroup.com

Sunday, October 16, 2011

BLINDS WIDE OPEN -day 202 Kingfisher


Day 2 of the Vancouver Island odyssey with my brothers and nephews. Fishing begins in earnest in the morning but on the way home from the Little Qualcom River, here is the little guy we found on the side of the road. A Belted Kingfisher who we have affectionately called Lawrence. He is in by the fireplace with us this evening as he recuperates from a brush with a car. After fishing in the morning we will take him to a wildlife rehab facility. If I were at home, he would be rehabbed in the kitchen or if I were staying for a month, he would be back diving on the trout in a week or two.. The challenge is that the Kingfisher eats fish and not fish prepared at Wood Ranch. The island is spectacular, full of monumental scenery and a plethora of wild things. I look forward to the Stamp River and Steelhead in the morning and I am confident my team will hold the fort down while I am away.

This is Dave, from The Mclaughlin Group, keeping it real in real estate!

No comments:

Post a Comment