The McLaughlin Group Team

The McLaughlin Group Team
www.TheMcLaughlinGroup.com

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

BLINDS WIDE OPEN -day 93 Owls in the Attic

So on a recent Sunday afternoon, I receive a call from an owner of a condo who says her tenants have a problem with Owls in the attic. I immediately suspected rats and had about an hour between appointments, so I decided to check it out. Upon arrival, the very nice couple explained their frustration with the noise at night and pointed to the rafters above. I don't like heights and halfway up the ladder the feeling in the stomach hit me and down I went searching for another way to the feathered intruders. Popping the attic hatch and sticking my head up, the aroma hit me, this was not a rat problem. In fact, there were traps set but they were empty and not required. The best rat catchers in the world had moved in and the evidence of their efficiency was everywhere. There they were, 4 baby Barn Owls, nearly ready to fly with no way to get to them. The little girl was crying and we lifted her up and I told her she was the only 4 year old that has a family of owls living in her house. The tears quickly dried and the realization of what she could share at school empowered her and her smile lit up that dark attic. I told the tenants they would be leaving soon and sure enough, they started to fly a few days later. Owls, snakes, squirrels and a host of other creatures I have been called out to remove. Sometimes I think I missed my calling. Oh well, in this job I get to live a little of that animal planet fantasy.

This is Dave, from The McLaughlin Group, keeping it real in real estate!

No comments:

Post a Comment